Monday, May 6, 2019

Amayui Castle Meister - B Route now also available in English

This is a follow-up on my previous post to announce that all of B Route is now available in English on VisualNovelReader without having to rely on its machine translations. Specifically, all major events leading up to and including the B Route finale, which consists of about 2330 lines of dialogue, have been given subtitles. I estimate that I have created a user-submitted subtitle for about 90% of all of the game's dialogue using VNR.

There is still a little dialogue remaining, such as for any one-time events I missed, that I do plan to slowly "translate" while also proofreading existing subtitles. However, no further update posts will be made here regarding what dialogue is available in English because excluding content I have no plans to work on, I consider what remains to be inconsequential.

Once again, here's how to access and use the subtitles through VNR for those who are interested:
  • After installing Amayui Castle Meister, preferably with the ZAP Interface Translation patch and Prologue patch, download a working copy of VNR from here (or here if you don't want to register an account).
  • After running VNR, it should be able to recognize the game. If it doesn't, add it manually using the Game Wizard. 
  • Click on the game icon in the Spring Board, then click "Sub."
  • Click "Update" at the top right and wait for a bit. VNR will need to download thousands and thousands of entries.
  • Open the game, preferably through the Spring Board, and go to the Options.
  • Go to "Text Settings" and set the Display Speed to 0. This will prevent VNR from fragmenting sentences and potentially prevent my entries from showing.
  • VNR should automatically detect dialogue and show my entries (in purple) along with the machine translation.
ZAP's translation patch should be done soon. To that end, I will be focusing on contributing information I have gathered about the game to the wiki while thinking of what to do with this blog now. Like I said before, I hope everyone enjoys the game as much as I did... though you may want to mentally prepare yourself for what B Route has in store.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I appreciated how much easier it was understanding everything with your subtitles. I'm finally about to finish route A but I think I'll probably end up waiting for the full ZAP patch to play Route B. Going through Route A completely has made me reluctant to dive right into the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear my contribution made the experience more enjoyable.

      Delete