This is a post announcing the release of the English Dialogue Patch for Amayui Labyrinth Meister. This consists of the following:
- All main and side story dialogue, excluding H scenes.
- Append 1 and 2 dialogue, excluding H scenes.
- Approximately 22637 lines, or 84.74% of all the game's dialogue.
- This was "translated" over a period of 140 days.
- Various, probably minor text errors that I definitely added intentionally to maintain reader attention. Please see below on how to report these issues among others. This is primarily why I currently consider the patch to be in a beta state.
This is not to be confused with the MTL patch released by Ars_Arcanum. The methodology for the translation of this patch will be explained in further detail below, but the simple version is it uses edited machine translation that, among other things, fixes obvious mistranslations and translation errors such as the following:
Download and Install Instructions
For players who already have the game installed, follow only step 6 and 7 of the install instructions unless you also need to install Append content. Step 6 and 7 can be done in either order.
Note that updating the dialogue files at all (which this patch does) will probably make any save in the middle of a dialogue sequence unplayable. This issue appears to be unique to this Eushully game. Please do not save during a dialogue sequence.
Install the game and its components in the following order:
- Install the base game.
- Install Append 1
- Install Patch 1.03
- Install Append 2
- Backup all BIN and AGF files in the game folder by copying them into another folder.
- Unzip the folder with the Interface Patch and copy its contents into the game folder, overwriting as needed.
- Unzip the folder with the (Beta) Dialogue Patch and copy its contents into the game folder, overwriting as needed.
As always, remember to install Japanese fonts and run the game while your PC is in Japanese locale (or use a locale emulator). Do not enable the Unicode-8 compatibility option if you set your system locale to Japanese!! This should address most common issues with running the game.
This specific patch would not have been possible without the help of many people:
- Asmodean and SaintLouisX, for developing the tools that allow data files to be accessed and edited.
- Zoltanar for the Interface Patch (which was also worked on by myself, Syuya, and Danielson) and also for providing a vital tool that greatly improved the efficiency of the translation process and will make future proofreading easier.
- Beetz for providing the screenshots showing off some highlights of Ars_Arcanum's MTL patch (note that the fault for these MTL gaffes is due to DeepL, Ars_Arcanum should be acknowledged for finding a way to mass replace the text without using the existing tools that are available).
- The Eushully Crew Discord for providing moral support and a platform to promote the patch. As always, they have also been very helpful with bug reports for this patch and other patches.
- Rhapsody Translation for also providing moral support and a little translation help, among other things.
Below are some additional details regarding the patch and future plans. I strongly recommend reading the next section if you plan to report issues with the patch.